Tuesday, December 4, 2012

An interview with Rachel T.

What do you currently do for a living? What do you want to do? What role does contributing to this site play in your current or future goals?

--I am currently a swim instructor and lifeguard at two health clubs and am working toward an AEA certification so that I would be able to teach water aerobics. My future ambitions include but are not limited to event planning, becoming an aquatic director, and/or editing and publishing.

What is one book you could read over and over again and why?

--The Harry Potter Series, I love that you can visually see J.K. Rowling evolving as a writer as her character's evolve along with her. I also love listening to this book on tape because Jim Dale made me feel as if I was a student at Hogwarts.

If you could only read books in one genre, which one and why?

--I love reading memoirs. I find it fascinating to dive into another's life and see things the way that they saw them play out, some of my favorites are It Happens Every Day by Isabel Gillies and Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi.
 
Of all the characters you have read, which one seems to have a personality most like yours?

--When I was a preteen I really connected to Ella from Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. I loved how spunky she was and always pictured myself when I read and reread that book.
  
What movie have you watched the most? Any particular reason?

--Pride and Prejudice with Kira Knightly. The cinematography and acting make me fall in love with each character over and over again. And Matthew McFaden is pretty easy on the eyes as well.
 
Are there any movies that you felt were a waste of time and or money? Elaborate.

--I am not a fan of the Scary Movie movies. I never ever laughed in any of them and I actually walked out of the movie theater in Scary Movie 4.
 
Are there any books that you would make a conscious effort to avert others from? Why?

--I am not a fan of murder mysteries at all. I have only read a few and the few that I have read have scared me from ever wanting to read any more.  

If you could pit two characters form different movies played by the same actor/actress against each other in a fight, which two characters and why? Who would win?

  --Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider vs Angelina Jolie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Laura croft would win hands down because I feel that she is more of a vicious fighter who is willing to play dirty. 

What character from book, game, or movie have you had a crush on?

--Besides Darcy played by Matthew Macfaden? I loved Tristain played by James Franco in Tristan and Isolde. I almost died when he died on screen and loved the choice of love or honor and devotion to your king that was played out in it.
 
What are some titles that fall into your "I need to read/watch/play" list.

--I really should give Pride and Prejudice another try. I remember hating it when I read it in high school but I love the movie so much that I think I might be able to appreciate Jane Austen's style a bit more. Other books on my list? The Kite Runner, Robin Hood, The Secret Garden, She Said Yes, The Other Boleyn Girl. At least those are all the ones I can see on my book shelf across the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment