Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Notes and Stuff

The first deadline for reviews was this past Friday. I am thoroughly impressed that everyone, besides myself, made it. In the future I will not plan deadlines so close to all day outings with school children, that was rough. Still waiting on a few corrections and then all the reviews will be posted. The best part about the first deadline was seeing what I communicated well and not so well to my contributors, not to mention how quickly answers and corrections are made.

A few notes going forward.

Each of the reviews are numbered versus named. Take a look at the URL for each and you will see what I mean. The first number is the number of the review over all, the second is the number in that particular genre. I am keeping  a spread sheet if this information, it also includes the title, date it is posted and the reviewer name. There is a small error with this. Because my spread sheet wasn't pulled all the way to the right, I mixed up the column I use to see which number line I am on with the ones that are preset in the program. So number seven is actually number six and when I get to posting the real number seven it will be labeled six. This information is really for any nerds that are paying attention. And just so it is clear, I use the term lovingly.

My next note is this: It is kind of hard to write a review about a book and movie when you don't have them next to you to reference. My last review was Jumanji. I had borrowed both the book and movie from the library and then tried to do a review after returning them. This was silly. Not that having them in front of me at the time would have added a whole lot of detail to the review, but there is a line or two that may not have been so vague. This is something I will make sure to keep in mind for future reviews. Nothing like just running the movie in the background on my computer and being able to stop/pause or rewind/fast-forward, as often as needed.

Come the end of the week I hope to have Watchmen done, and V for Vendetta is lying in wait to be the second Comic entry, though I need to finish True Grit first. Myself and my fellow reviewers will have to be busy little bees for the following month, I'd like two reviews in each genre before I start affiliate programs. This is a deadline for myself, just so there is a wide range of content available. The next deadline is August 5th and I'm excited to see how much more content can be filled between then and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment