Friday, June 1, 2012

So much to write on so little time...

There is no small selection of materials to choose from. There are so many titles and genres that I am surprised my head isn't spinning with all that I want to undertake. Currently, I have True Grit and Watchmen in the works, and I am planning to head on over to the library to commandeer Jumanji for a quick Children's post for the weekend. As much as I want to sit down and start producing content for the site, my mind keeps drifting to other thoughts and ideas, and my time is still taken up with two "real" jobs.

June 15th is the first deadline for submissions and it wont get here fast enough. I am impatiently waiting to read the reviews for The Mist, The Secret Life of Bees and Fight Club, and start rounding out my content. By this deadline I plan to have posted at least two more reviews myself, so Jumanji and either of the other two I am working on.

Then there are the titles that reviewers have taken "dibs" on, like: The Princes Diaries (myself) or Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events and Ella Enchanted (Rachel T.) Bubba Ho-Tep and The Prestige (Jonathan B.). I even got word that there could be a fifth reviewer who would like to take on Les Miserables! As for Heidi B. (wow, there are a lot of B's working on this project, I assure you, we aren't related) though I haven't received anything in regards to titles she wants to do, she has declared her works will be mostly in the horror, sci-fi, and fantasy genres, but I would like to note, I have interest to do The Shinning. I'm hoping to see some, if not all, of these reviews by the August 5th deadline. Also, I'll have to squeeze in some romance novels, possibly A Walk to Remember and The Notebook.

This is just a sampling of what is to come in the next two months.

Oh wow, just two months?

I better get reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment