Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Some Changes

I've made some changes to the first three reviews on the site. Before the changes each review had "by: (reviewer name)" changed it to Reviewed by: (reviewer name) and I added the authors name to the title. This will be carried out through the rest of the reviews posted. Not sure why I didn't include the authors name during the first run, probably just an over sight, but it is fixed now. Also, I will be sure to start adding the year the movie came out to each review. This will be especially important for titles like True Grit which came out in 1969 and 2010, both based on the same book.

I will be playing around with appearance over summer, adjust font and font size, mostly with titles, headings, and author names, not really a fan of them currently, but I'm still trying to muddle through the basics. Also, I'll be looking into how I can integrate links right into the reviews without it throwing off the format. This little issue is why the url to the blog is posted in full instead of a quick link. It would be great to be able to reference another source in a review and give the reader direct access, a lot like what Cracked does within its articles, or this blog for that matter.

I will be playing around with the blog as well. I'd like to incorporate the banner from the web site here to create some continuity, and also adjust the color scheme, at least for the links which seem to want to show up light gray and almost to light to read. I'm also thinking of doing screen shots of the web site and posting them here, mostly to document the progression it has taken, though honestly, a lot has already changed since it was beta (yeah, I'm calling it beta.) I just expect it to change a lot more in the coming months and it would be nice to look back and see what it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment